Mother

Mother,

She is the most beautiful woman I know,

Her smile so pure, so real and magical,

Like the cherry blossoms that bloom in spring.

Her eyes have a language of their own,

Whose dictionary is beyond even a poet’s imagination.


Mother,

She is the strongest woman I know,

For she is not needy or easy and weak,

She is fierce beyond your every dream.

With every fall and every burn,

She rose above without even a scream.























Mother,

she is the biggest support, I realize,

For she has been the shade on the brightest of days,

The soft, silvery moonbeams on the darkest of nights.

The warmth of a fire in the winter’s snow.

The cool breeze that ruffles the hair, 

soothing the soul even on the darkest of days.


Mother,

She is the best friend I have,

We are the tom and jerry of the house, always fighting

But I know, when in need, She’ll fight the world for me.

She is the source of all my thought,

The home I seek after all wars fought.


Mother,

The reason behind my very existence,

This isn’t about just one lesson taught,

But about everything taught and even not.

For the depth of my thought and maturity of action,

A single thank you isn’t enough, not even a fraction.

Comments

My photo
An Introvert's Diary
Just another introvert penning down unspoken words.

Popular Posts